Here are some key signs that your child’s well-being is being affected. If you notice any of these behaviours or attitudes, please feel free to call or email me to discuss your concerns.
- A once confident child is anxious and withdrawn
- A potentially bright performer struggles to read and write;
- Another is simply unhappy, isolated from friends and peers at school, sometimes through a diagnosed disorder, such as OCD or learning difficulties.
- A recent or past event has affected your child’s learning ability
- As a caring parent you just know something is not quite right, whether it’s with their health, self-esteem, or relationships.
I am a parent too, and even though my children are now in their 20’s, I know what it’s like to feel that heart-wrenching worry about a child, and what a difference it makes to find solutions.
Call me or email me if you want to know whether I can help your child – a 10 minute phone consultation will tell us what steps to put in place next.
We reach an outcome in every session. While there may be separate issues to deal with, your child will leave the session feeling lighter, and happier.
- Mary was recommended to us by a friend so we booked our 6 year old daughter in for a few sessions. K had been experiencing general anxiety and seemed to be holding back in a number of facets of her life. After only the first session the positive transformation was remarkable and now it is if she has been set free to be whoever she can be. Very wonderful, positive and uplifting experience for all of us and fantastic to see our daughter so energised and motivated. I am so very glad you came into our lives.
I brought my 11 year old son to see Mary. He was very hard on himself and he didn’t know how to deal with anger and frustration and he just didn’t seem to be happy. After two sessions with Mary we noticed changes. He was happier and more confident.
Little S is nearly off to school, and she is just fantastic. I don’t think she has ever had a bad tantrum since we saw you. She still has a strong personality but she will talk and express what the problem is instead of screaming.
W was a quiet child, unsure of himself, used words like ‘shames’ and just sunk into the background. These things often went unnoticed because he was so stubborn. Two sessions with you and what a different child. He now stands proud and walks tall. He talks all the time and is happier than he has ever been.
He has had a big improvement in his story writing – much longer and more detailed and self-directed. His teacher is thrilled with his progress. He got another certificate last week for his efforts in reading and writing and his great listening etc…
Would become annoyed at teachers “I had given up on teachers, but I am not shy now. I talk heaps and I am more confident. The best thing is I can ask for help now.”
Felt he had no happy memories after his father left, and was forgetting everyday things like schoolwork and homework. “Now I can remember happy memories of times Dad and I spent together. I am much calmer and happier and I am more confident.”
Felt very pressured in the classroom. “I am much happier and more confident. I am finding it much easier to speak up. My teachers have noticed big changes.”
"Before I did the first session I was reluctant to do any school work at all and just couldn’t be bothered. It really helped, identifying the blocks I had against school work and releasing them. Since returning to school I’ve had an increase in my work rate of like 100% and all my teachers are surprised!"